1. An Act to make provision for the registration and coordination of Non-Governmental Organisations in Nigeria and for connected purposes, 2015 (SB111) sponsored by Senator Duro Faseyi
This Bill at the Senate was introduced on the 20th October 2015 and is at the first reading stage . Download Bill ( SB111)
2. Civil Society Commission of Nigeria Bill, 2016 (HB 705) sponsored by Hon. Diri Douye
This Bill is at the House of Representatives and was introduced 15th June 2016 and is at the first reading stage .( Copy of Bill is not publicly available yet)
3. An Act to provide for the establishment of the Non-Governmental Organisations regulatory commission for the supervision, coordination and monitoring of Non-Governmental Organisations, Civil Society Organisations etc in Nigeria and for related matters (HB585)
Sponsored by Hon Umar Buba Jubril, the Bill is at the House of Representatives and has passed through the second reading. Bill was debated in plenary on July 14th 2016. The Bill has been referred to the Committee on CSOs and Development Partners for further legislative input. Click to download ( HB585)
See copy of the letter sent to Hon Umar Buba Jubril by the Network here (Size: 3MB)
A copy of the letter sent to the House Committee Chair by the Network is available here (Size: 2MB)
4. Presentations made at the Corporate Affairs Commission Workshop for NNNGO Members
On 7th September 2016, over 235 participants from 23 States of the Federation gathered at the Roundtable Workshop organised by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) for members of the Nigeria Network of NGOs (NNNGO) to share experiences, listen to thought leaders and gain advice from experts, make new contacts and develop fresh ideas on how to ‘’achieve global best practices in NGO formation and management. The event explored how to improve and strengthen an enabling environment for the operations of Nigerian NGOs.
Download selected presentations here (4MB).
5. Report from the African regional workshop on Protecting Civic Space
U.S. President Barack Obama hosted 47 African heads of state in Washington, DC on August 4-6, 2014 for the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit. Civil society’s contributions to development and the trend of closing civic space in Africa were among the topics addressed during side events such as the Civil Society Forum. Convening a regional workshop focused on protecting civic space was among the key recommendations coming out of the Forum. Read full report here
6. Managing Transitions (Click to download)
Many founders and long-term executives have heard from colleagues or seen first hand the trauma of transition. In some cases they may have witnessed executives who remained in their positions after they had either lost the energy to lead or simply no longer had the necessary skills and competencies. This document will guide you in managing transitions within your organizations.